Tax Resolution Services

Do you have IRS problems? Do you dread opening the mail? Are you behind in filing your taxes? We can help!

We will conduct a thorough investigation of your tax situation. We will find out where you stand with the IRS. We can find out if IRS has filed Substitution for Returns for you! We can call and get more time to file your taxes. We can stop the collection process. Once we have completed the investigation, we will recommend a plan of action.

Next you will need to be in compliance. This means all tax returns will need to be filed and processed. We can do this in a timely manner. Did you know that IRS can only go back 6 years on unfiled tax returns? When you have prior year unfiled tax returns IRS will create a Substitute tax return. These always show you owe. So when we file the original tax return it most often shows either a lower amount owed or even a refund. This will reduce the amount you owe!

Once the tax returns have been processed, we can begin the tax resolution process. You have 3 main options:

  • Offer In Compromise – An offer in compromise allows you to settle your tax debt for less than the full amount you owe. It may be a legitimate option if you can’t pay your full tax liability, or doing so creates a financial hardship.
  • Properly Structured Installment agreement – This includes the Partial Pay Installment agreement that allows you to have a partial liability removed due to expired collection periods. We can also negotiate a payment plan that you can afford!

  • Currently Not Collectible Status – If a payment plan would create a financial hardship for you, IRS will put you in CNC status.

Most importantly, when you give us power of attorney, we speak with the IRS on your behalf. We take over, IRS would rather speak to the CPA than the client! Feel free to contact us for a FREE 15-minute consultation to discuss how we can help you with your tax resolution needs.

IRS Tax Problems Frustration Image

Evelyn Edwards, CPA